At ROOTS, we know that school communities and classrooms have a profound and lasting impact on children's development and lives. EducatorROOTS aims to help create schools where children can grow in spaces that include and validate the multitude of their identities.
Through discussion and experiential learning activities, educators will have the opportunity to:
- explore their own identities
- consider ways to invite the identities of all students to the table
- develop inclusive curriculum
- consider how language used in classrooms can inadvertently coincide with oppression
- identify resources that help students develop critical thinking and resiliency